Sri Krishna 3 May 2020 Episode 1 written updates:- Shri Krishna retelecasts today on DD National replacing Uttar Ramayan rerun. Krishna (also called Shri Krishna) is an Indian television series created, written, and directed by Ramanand Sagar.
SHRI KRISHNA 3 MAY 2020 EPISODE 1
About SHRI KRISHNA TV Serial
The series originally aired weekly on Doordarshan. It is an adaptation of the stories of the life of Krishna, based on Bhagavat Puran, Brahma Vaivart Puran, Hari Vamsa, Vishnu Puran, Padma Puran, Garga Samhita, Bhagavad Gita & Mahabharat. The TV series was first broadcast on Doordarshan’s Metro Channel (DD 2) from 1993.
In 1996, the show was broadcast from the beginning on DD National. In 1999, the show moved to Zee where the remaining episodes were broadcast. The entire series was re-telecast on Sony starting 2001 and later on Star. This series is now being re-telecasted on ShivaShakthiSai TV, a Telugu Devotional channel, from January 15, 2016.
This serial was also telecast in Mauritius by Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation, in Toronto on Channel 57, in Nepal on Nepal TV, in South Africa on M.Net, in Indonesia on P.T. Cipta Television, in Jakarta on Pendidikan, and in London on T.V.Asia (Satellite). Shri Krishna was produced by Ramanand Sagar, Subhash Sagar and Prem Sagar under the banner “Sagar Enterprises” and directed by Ramanand Sagar, Anand Sagar and Moti Sagar.
SHRI KRISHNA Main Cast
The role of young Krishna was played by Swapnil Joshi and adult Krishna was played by Sarvadaman D. Banerjee. Ravindra Jain composed music for this serial. The title song, “Shree Krishna Govind Hare Murari” is popular not only in India but also around the world.
Shri Krishna won the Uptron Award for the “Best director” in the year 1995. The show was one of the biggest grossers for Doordarshan in the mid to late ’90s. It earned over Rs 100 crore.
SHRI KRISHNA Synopsis:
The epic TV serial ‘Shri Krishna’ sings the glory of Lord Krishna and is based on ‘Shrimad Bhagwat Mahapuran’ The life of Shri Krishna is not a simple subject since his life-span is spread across the endless ocean of immortality and eternity.
Shri Krishna Bhakti (worship) is embedded in the soul of India since millions of years and HIS image has been nourished by innumerable generations of the common man since immemorial. Shri Krishna as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu and Shri Krishna never hides this fact right from his birth. He announces it at every step. Even before his appearance as a just-born child, he shows his godly form to his Mother Devaki in the prison of evil king Kans. As a baby he kills demon queen Putana. As a child in cradle he kills the whirlwind demon Trinavat with a stroke of His tiny feet.
As a boy he shows his foster mother Yashoda the entire Universe in his open mouth. Further he lifts the Govardhan Mountain on a single finger, over power’s the great Kaliya Nag. And then kills the Tyrant King Kans – the invincible.
As a teenager, Shri Krishna and his consort Radha perform the Maha Raas – the celestial dance of the cosmos – an allegorical representation of the final union of the Lord with the soul. As a man Shri Krishna is the unrivalled warrior, participating in the battle of Kurukshetra, here he profound the universal eternal truths through the teachings of Gita.
Who is the lead cast of Doordarshan’s Shri Krishna serial?
- Sarvadaman D. Banerjee as Krishna / Vishnu
- Swapnil Joshi as Teenage Krishna
- Ashok Kumar Balkrishnan as Young krishna
- Deepak Deulkar as Balram / Shesha
- Pinky Parikh as Rukmini / Yamuna / Lakshmi / Durga
- Reshma Modi as Radha
- Shweta Rastogi as Teenage Radha
- Paulomi Mukherjee as Devaki
- Sunil Pandey as Vasudeva
- Damini Kanwal as Yashoda
- Shahnawaz Pradhan as Nanda Baba
- Vilas Raj as Kansa
- Sandeep Mohan as Arjuna
- Mona Parekh as Jambavati
- Shashi Sharma as Satyabhama
- Vijay Kavish as Shiva
- Deepak Dave / Sagar Saini as Narad
- Vijay Kavish as Ugrasen
- Pramod Kapoor as Akrura
- Mahendra Murlidhar Ghule as Bhim / Hanuman
- Raman Vedprakash Khatri as Yudhishthir
- Govind Khatri as Karna
- Falguni Parikh as Draupadi
- Prem Chand Sharma as Pandu / Nakul
- Jyotin Dave as Indra
- Jharna Dave as Bhanamati
- Radha Krishna Dutt as Maharishi Uttang / Dev Shilpi Vishwakarma / Jarasandh
- Mukul Nag as Sudama / Ashwatthama / Brahman
- Sheeba Chaddha as Vasundhara
- Tarakesh Chauhan as Dhritarashtra
- Raj Premi as Shishupala
- Sonia Kapoor as Subhadra
- Kumar Hegde as Duryodhan
- Deepak Jethi as Dushasan
- Gautam Chaturvedi as Paundraka Vasudeva
- Anuj Sharma as Abhimanyu
- Arun Mathur as Sambara
- Lata Haya as Kunti
- Basheer Khan as Bhamasura
- Shakti Singh as Banasura
- Arvind Raosaraya as Kumbhketu
- J. P. Sharma as Shakuni
- Kanu Patel as Dronacharya
- Girish Pardesi as Kalayavana / Kamadeva / Pradyumna
- Deepanjali Pardesi as Rati
- N. Jitendra as Shalya / Kashiraj / Kripa
- Bhakti Narula as Tara
- Ashok Singh as Mayasur / Dwivid
- Neel Kamal as Rajguru
- Niharika Bhatt as Māyāvati
- Leela Patel as Gandhari
- Vijay Sharma as Vidura
- Sunil Nagar as Bhishma
- Swati Anand as Chitralekha
- Bhairavi Raichura as Gwalan